- This event has passed.
Introduction to AcroYoga
July 31, 2016 @ 7:00 pm
AcroYoga blends the wisdom of yoga, the dynamic power of acrobatics, and the loving kindness of healing arts. Come join Acro Revolution and Partner Acrobatics teacher John Marquiss and Lila Yoga founder Erica Kaufman for two introductory sessions into this beautiful practice.
This class is perfect for beginner practitioners! All are welcome.
What to bring:
We have yoga mats! Just bring a water bottle and comfortable clothing.
July 31 7:00pm – 9:00pm
August 7 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Lila Yoga Studios, 103 E. Beaver Ave, 2nd Floor, Downtown State College, PA 16801
Register in advance to claim your spot. Registration cost is $35 for both classes: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/home?studioid=31370 (then select the “Workshops” tab at the top of the page. The workshop will be listed.)
Drop-ins are okay ($20 per class).
John Marquiss, Acro Revolution teacher, Partner Acrobatics teacher
John is a certified Acro Revolution and Partner Acrobatics instructor, and is a graduate of Pitch Catch Circus. He has learned from and shared with Acro communities all over the world. He may be the first person to have done AcroYoga on all 7 continents. John is passionate about Acro and can’t wait to share it with you!
Erica Kaufman, MFA, E-RYT500+
Erica is a dancer, choreographer, yogini, and a Contact Improviser.
- Krishnamacharya’s teachings and studies at Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram in Chennai, India
- Krishnamurti’s philosophy and studies at Krishnamurti Foundation
- Florence Kaufman, her yogacharya mother who introduced her to yoga
- Dr Clayton McCracken, meditation teacher
- Founder of Lila Yoga®
- Holds the Highest Level of Registry with Yoga Alliance
- Practicing since 1975, teaching since 1984 since
- Yoga Journal noted Erica’s Lîla Yoga classes with its signature Karma Credit.
- Shambhala Mountain Center faculty since 2005 -offering annual Lila Yoga Retreats
- formal studies in Body Mind Centering, Contemplative Dance, Authentic Movement, Laban Movement Analysis, Bartenieff Fundamentals, Mindfulness Living, Feldenkrais, Alexander Technique.
- Teaching Contact Improvisation since 1989
- In 2008 worked with Nancy Stark Smith to coordinate CI36 – the international, once a decade, celebration commemorating the inception of Contact Improvisation.